Monday, November 9, 2009

A Prayer for Monday.

It's a bit nostalgic right now, staring out the window of a coffee shop near the neighborhood I spent the majority of my childhood.  Its strange to ponder where all the years have gone and how every childhood experience seemed to help shape me into the person I am today.  Being here makes me feel small.  Feeling small helps me to realize God's greatness and his whispering presence that's been in my life from the beginning.

Anyway, here's a prayer for Monday (NRSV Philippians 2.6-8) ...

Lord God, let us have the same mind as Jesus - 

who, though he was in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited,
but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave,
being born in human likeness.

And being found in human form,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to the point of death - 

even death on a cross.

Thank you Jesus.  For only through your sacrifice am I able to live fully as a child of God.
~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment