Friday, January 1, 2010

This is a New Year

I apologize, I took a blogging break to focus on work and my personal life during the holiday season.  Yes, church work is ridiculously busy during December!

Anyways - here's a devotional for your new year.

Lamentations 3 -

21But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: 22The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; 23they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” 25The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him. 


You should read the whole chapter!  Heck - read the whole book of Lamentations!  Either way, Lord help us to embrace what is new this New Year.  G. K. Chesterton wrote - “The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul” (thanks @philosophytweet!).  His promise of love and mercy never end, no matter what has happened in the past.  Let us be made new by this promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment